MIT-educated economist Kay Plantes is accomplished at mobilizing leaders to innovate brands, business models, operating models, and strategies to accelerate growth and differentiate customer experiences.
As a highly creative systems thinker, communicator, and researcher, Kay brings fresh insights into opportunities and actionable solutions to complex market and organizational problems. She challenges incremental thinking, complacency and hidden assumptions to obtain outstanding results for her clients. Kay brings a collaborative style, proven frameworks, and intelligent facilitation to rapidly generate better strategies for your organization and enhance execution success by your team.
- She is a recognized opinion leader in business model innovation.
- 25-year track record of outstanding results among diverse organizations—established and young, large and small, privately held and public companies; multiple industries; all economic sectors; and a wide-array of market situations
- Proven track record as a dynamic keynote speaker and executive educator
- Author, Beyond Price: Differentiate Your Company in Ways That Really Matter (Greenleaf Book Group, 2009)
- Leading blogger on business model innovation and strategy
Kay’s background includes:
- Executive experience as marketing and business development director with a global medical products company
- Chief Economist and Director of Policy Development for the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Commerce
- Former Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Ph.D. in Economics from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.S. from The Smeal College of Business of The Pennsylvania State University