Business Model Innovation and
Other Strategy Services
- Pre-workshop internal and external research that unearths and challenges key assumptions of the business' current business model, strategies, culture, and execution approaches.
- Research surfaces new strategic insights that form the basis of a fast-paced, high-involvement growth summit for leaders, managers and other key talent in the organization.
- The result of the one or two day summit is a wide array of new growth platforms for the organization worthy of still deeper exploration.
“We’ve been through these retreats many times, and your two half-days with us created the break-through that we truly needed this year.”
- Collaboratively designed, building on retreat best practices.
- Executives' time is spent in strategic thinking and decision making, not debriefing and data mining which is conducted in advance of the retreat.
- Our retreats move quickly; participants will be surprised at how much is accomplished.
- Retreat report is thorough and adds further insights to your retreat’s decisions and findings, providing an immediately usable leadership tool for moving forward and tracking progress.
- Boards and leadership teams value Kay's ability to keep a group focused on the core issues the group must address, and not get mired down by day-to-day operational agendas and tensions between individual leaders.
“We got so much done in each half-day session with you that we felt we’d been away for two days each week, but we still had time to get back to the office and manage the business!”
“Kay not just helped us get the answers, she helped me build a stronger, more strategically focused team.”
Kay is superb at helping a team tackle complex issues, whether the issue is a narrow one that can be resolved in one meeting, a messy market situation that requires multiple meetings to address, or an obsolete business model that demands a multi-year company transformation.
- We customize our work for each client's unique issues, needs, leadership team experience, and budget.
- At the same time, we build on a complete library of proven approaches and tools, offering clients the best of both worlds: the best project design, executed efficiently.
“Around here we refer to Kay (and this is a complement) as ‘scary smart’ for how quickly she gets right to the core issues and alternatives for addressing them.”
Leadership team coaching
- Dysfunctional senior leadership teams oftentimes got that way because members lack a shared view of their marketplace risks or strategies for dealing with these and other risks facing their business.
- As a result, every leader does what he thinks is best, imposing burdens on other parts of the organization. In this climate, leaders form assumptions about other leaders' motives and the organizational climate turns distrusting.
- Leadership teams can neither make good strategy decisions nor align the organization to create effective and efficient execution. There is more competition within the company than with the true competitors.
- Other times, are working well as a team. But they deceive themselves into thinking they are being strategic when they are in reality working at varying levels of the tactical.
- In either of these cases, Kay is a terrific catalyst to more cohesive, collaborative and strategically focused leadership teams, able to make terrific strategy decision and execute them effectively.
- Kay is one of those rare consultants who can work on both the soft side and hard side of leadership excellence. Our services include workshops, CEO coaching and leadership team meeting facilitation.
- When interpersonal relationships within the team have become so dysfunctional that strategy work is impossible to start, Kay partners with outstanding organizational development talent to untangle the mess and get the team back on the right track for taking the organization to the next level.
“Kay's self-described value proposition is that she helps organizations make good decisions faster. I would whole-heartedly agree. Kay asks great questions, probes and pushes our management team and Board to stretch their thinking and serves as a summarizer, synthesizer and sounding board against which to test our thinking and assumptions. Kay does not profess to have all the answers, but in her work with us, puts out positions for us to react to and in doing so, helps us move forward. Kay's passion for her work translates into a high-energy session that is both productive and fast paced. I would highly recommend her for similar work.”
- Business Model Innovation: What it is, why it's needed, and how to lead it
- From Hierarchy to Collaboration: Building leadership capacity and organizational power
- Competing Beyond Price: 8 leadership team steps to build the business you want to run
- Now that you understand emotional intelligence, what's your leadership team's strategic intelligence?
- Beyond the Triple Bottom Line: COREporate social responsibility to build win-wins among customers, the community, employees, and your shareholders
- STOP: A radical leadership development tool
- Hear Kay speak before corporate audiences
“Kay Plantes’ Expo talk was inspiring! The audience was interested in the topic and listened intently to her business insights. We had the best lunch attendance ever. The feedback was tremendous. Kay Plantes is smart, interesting and an engaging speaker.”
“I thought you did a terrific job capturing the current state of our culture and our marketing message, and then creating a case for change in light of the forces of commoditization. The group continues to have conversations about the nature of our value promise. They want more! In the past we have developed value propositions around our business units and some of our products with good results. However, your presentation positioned the concept of a value promise as a much more compelling reason for our customers to buy from us. “
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is becoming a requirement in many markets, especially in the war for talent. Unfortunately too many CSR efforts are public relations initiatives and nothing more.
- Our consulting model for CSR helps you build synergistic community and environmental initiatives stemming from your core business.
- The end result is the right people making the right decisions about investments in the community, new commercial opportunities that enhance your reputation as a corporate citizen while generating direct profits, a more motivated work force, and communications that reinforce the unique benefits you bring to all your stakeholders.
However you engage Kay, you can be certain that she will tailor her approaches to meet your unique needs and that your organization's strategic thinking, planning, execution and leadership effectiveness will advance.
Click on a service area to the right to learn more.
Differentiate Your Company In Ways That Really Matter provides a pragmatic step-by-step leadership team roadmap to business model innovation and the creation of sustainable advantage.